American Airlines has announced the reopening of 2 of its most used Flagship Lounges, the premium lounge offering for its highest-tier AAdvantage elite passengers and international premium cabin passengers.
Table of Contents
Flagship Lounges Reopening
New York (JFK) Flagship Lounge
The JFK Flagship Lounge will reopen on September 14, 2021, and the associated Flagship First Dining will open 2 days later on September 16, 2o21.
Miami (MIA) Flagship Lounge
The MIA Flagship Lounge will reopen on September 28, 2021, and Flagship First Dining will open on September 30, 2021.
Other Flagship Lounges
American expects the lounges in Los Angeles (LAX), Chicago (ORD), and Dallas (DFW) to reopen “later this fall.”
How To Access Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining
Who Can Access Flagship Lounges
Flagship Lounge access is for:
- AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members on eligible international itineraries
- ConciergeKey flyers on any itinerary
- Select first and business class flights to Hawaii, abroad, and transcontinental routes
- Oneworld Emerald and Sapphire status members
Hot Tip: For details on guest access, locations, hours, and more, view our comprehensive guide to American Airlines’ Flagship Lounges.
Who Can Access Flagship First Dining
Flagship First Dining is for those seated in first class on a 3-class aircraft, normally serving transcontinental routes, London (LHR), São Paulo (GRU), Hong Kong (HKG), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), and others.
American Introduces New Celebrity Chefs
Partnering with the James Beard Foundation, American is introducing celebrity chefs for its Flagship Lounges:
- Chef Tiffany Derry (DFW) was on “Top Chef” and owns the Dallas restaurant Roots Southern Table
- Chef Timon Ballo (MIA) has been named Chef of the Year by Eater and is the chef at Sugarcane and Mrs. Balloo
- Chef Ayesha Nurdjaja (JFK) is chef at Shuka, combining her Indonesian and Italian heritage into unique flavors
- Chef Sarah Gruenberg (ORD) owns Monteverde Restaurant & Pastificio, having won the title of Best Chef for the James Beard Foundation
Each of these chefs will curate menus for their local Flagship Lounge, and as lounges reopen, you’ll be able to taste their delicacies on offer.
American is also introducing D.S. & Durga hand soap and lotions in Flagship Lounge restrooms, and shower suites will feature Dyson Supersonic hair dryers, complimenting the release of Shinola and D.S. & Durga amenity kits for premium passengers earlier this summer.
American is reopening several of its key Flagship Lounges in New York and Miami with the remainder to follow this fall, and also introducing new toiletries in their Flagship restrooms. Along with a partnership with celebrity chefs from the James Beard Foundation, American is hoping to create a more premium experience this year as flyers return to the skies.