Update: The offers mentioned below have expired and are no longer available.
Recently, the IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card was enhanced with new earn rates and benefits. Now the card also has a new welcome offer that’s sure to be enticing for those who have been considering adding the card to their wallet.
Here’s a look at everything you need to know!
IHG Premier Card Welcome Bonus
With the IHG Premier card, you can earn 140,000 bonus points and 1 Free Night Certificate after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
The free night certificate can be used at a property costing up to 40,000 IHG One Rewards points per night, and you can add points on top of it to stay at a more expensive property. Due to the flexibility of the free night certificate, the welcome bonus almost feels like a total of 180,000 points. Since we value IHG points at 0.5 cents apiece, this bonus is worth $900 in our view.
With that said, you can often get much better value if you redeem your points at high-end (and expensive) properties.
Hot Tip: For some examples of how you can get the most out of your points, check out our best ways to redeem IHG One Rewards points for maximum value.
IHG Premier Card Earning Rates
You’ll earn points with the IHG Premier card according to the following structure:
- Up to 26x points per $1 spent on IHG stays
- 5x points per $1 spent at restaurants and gas station purchases
- 5x points per $1 spent on travel purchases
- 3x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
IHG Premier Card Benefits
Beyond the ability to earn more points on your purchases, here are the other benefits you’ll receive with this card:
- Complimentary Platinum Elite status, plus the ability to spend your way to Diamond Elite status after spending $40,000 on the card in a calendar year
- Anniversary Free Night certificate
- Fourth night free on award stays
- Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, or NEXUS statement credit
- Up to $50 in United Airlines TravelBank Cash each year
- Earn a $100 statement credit and 10,000 bonus points after spending $20,000 on the card in a calendar year
- 20% discount on IHG One Rewards point purchases
- Purchase protection
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance
While the card does have a $99 annual fee, you should more than be able to make up for this each year with the $50 annual United Airlines TravelBank cash, along with the annual free night certificate, not to mention the card’s automatic IHG Platinum Elite status, which offers benefits like extended checkout, priority check-in, and complimentary room upgrades.
The IHG Premier card is a stellar option for those who frequent IHG hotels thanks to its high earning rate on IHG stays and the excellent benefits the card provides.
Now that it’s offering one of the best welcome bonus offers we’ve seen for the card — 140,000 points and a free night certificate — it’s a great time to consider adding it to your wallet if you haven’t already.
Featured Image Credit: