New Skywards members start at Blue Tier. They can then earn Silver, Gold, or Platinum elite status through qualifying activity.
Skywards Elite Status Requirements:
- Silver: earn 25,000 Tier Miles or take 25 flights
- Gold: earn 50,000 Tier Miles or take 50 flights
- Platinum: earn 150,000 Tier Miles (no way to earn solely by flights)
Tier Miles are only earned on Emirates-operated flights or codeshares on other airlines that are marketed by Emirates (meaning the flight number on your tickets is an Emirates EK). Other flights operated by partners can earn redeemable miles only.
The Miles Calculator shows how many Tier Miles you will earn for each trip.
Rolling Tier means that instead of a calendar year, you have 12 to 13 months from the date you start earning Skywards miles through flights in which to meet the requirements for elite status.
When you reach an elite status tier, you then get a new 12 to 13-month clock to take enough flights that you requalify for another year (or advance to the next status tier).
Skywards Tier Benefits:
Emirates Skywards Blue:
- Member-only offers and travel packages
- Instant upgrades with miles at check-in
- Waitlist priority
- Paid lounge access
Emirates Skywards Silver:
All Blue benefits, plus:
- Priority service with the contact center
- Free seat selection
- Excess baggage allowance
- Access to any Emirates Business Class Lounge in Dubai
- Priority boarding
- 25% bonus miles on Emirates flights
Emirates Skywards Gold:
All Silver benefits, plus:
- Worldwide Emirates lounge access + 1 guest
- Priority baggage
- Free onboard Wi-Fi traveling in any cabin
- 50% bonus miles on Emirates flights
Emirates Skywards Platinum:
All Gold benefits, plus:
- First class check-in and baggage
- Worldwide Emirates first class lounge access + 1 adult guest and 2 guests under 17 years old
- Gold status for spouse or partner
- 75% bonus miles on Emirates flights
- No expiry of Skywards Miles
See the full chart of tier benefits for details and terms.
Value of Emirates Skywards Elite Status
Emirates Skywards status is almost entirely focused on frequent Emirates flyers. Since only Emirates-marketed codeshares on partners can earn Tier Points, to earn Skywards status you need to be primarily flying Emirates.
Naturally, then, status benefits are usually only applicable to Emirates flights. If you travel to many parts of the world on various airlines, Skywards status is probably not the right target for you.
On Emirates, Silver Tier status stands out compared to Blue — it’s required just to get free advance seat assignments.
Gold Tier status provides valuable business class lounge access through the Emirates network (not just in Dubai as with Silver Tier). This alone can be worth chasing Gold Tier status.
Few travelers will amass the Tier Points necessary for Platinum Tier. Those who do will receive coveted first class lounge access and priority travel benefits.
Emirates Business Rewards:
In addition to your personal Skywards account, you can register your small business in Emirates Business Rewards.
You’ll earn 1 Business Rewards point per $1 spent when your employees travel on Emirates. There is no limit to the number of employees permitted on 1 account and no minimum spend.
Employees still earn their own Skywards miles in addition to the Business Rewards points you earn.