If you’re shopping online, you should definitely be using a shopping portal. If you’re a Choice Hotels fan, you can use the Choice Privileges Mall. With a few extra clicks, you could easily be earning bonus points.
In this post, we’ll walk you through the ins and outs of the Choice Privileges Mall so you can get shopping. And remember, if you have a credit card with category bonuses for shopping, you can earn even more.
How to Log In
To reap the benefits of extra Choice Privileges points while shopping online, you will need to be logged in to the shopping portal: Choice Privileges Mall.
If you are already a Choice Privileges member, you simply sign in with your existing account. There is no need to create a new login.
If you are not already a Choice Privileges member, you will need to join and create an account.
The Sign In and Join buttons are clearly marked at the top of the page on the right-hand side.
Basics of Using the Choice Privileges Portal
The Choice Privileges Mall has a very clean interface and is extremely easy to navigate. At the top, there is a toolbar that helps you browse retailers, bonus offers, coupons, and more.
You can browse retailers by category, name, new retailers, or simply type your desired retailer in the search bar. When you find one you’d like to shop with, clicking the retailer will show additional information.
Customers can view the offer, company information, purchase conditions, and even a handy points calculator to estimate the number of points earned with a specific purchase amount.
To earn the Choice Privileges points on offer, you must click the orange Shop Now button that will redirect you to the retailer’s website. Once there, simply shop and complete your purchases as you normally would.
After purchasing through a retailer, the transaction will appear within 5 business days as Pending in your Choice Privileges Mall Transaction History. After confirming the transaction with the retailer (which could take up to 60 days), the transaction should be marked as Approved. This is when the points will be credited to your account.
At this time, if you forget to use the Choice Privileges Mall and make a purchase through a retailer directly without using the portal, there is no way to retroactively apply your bonus points. If you’re the forgetful type, read on to find out more about Choice Privileges Points Booster.
Hot Tip: If you would like to see what deals other shopping portals are offering at a particular store, use CashBack Monitor to easily see a store’s offers at 45 different shopping portals, including Rakuten.
While the Choice Privileges Mall may not utilize big specials throughout the year as some portals do, they do make it easy to see which specific retailers have bonus offers at any given time.
By clicking on the Bonus Offers tab at the toolbar, you can see which retailers are holding a current bonus, what their normal points per $1 ratio is, and how long the bonus will run.
For example, at the time of writing, Apple was offering 2 points per $1 instead of its regular rate of 1 point per $1. If you click through to the retailer’s page you can see when the bonus offer expires.
Additionally, the Coupons tab allows users to see which retailers are offering sales and coupons and will provide you with the coupon code if needed.
Hot Tip: Once you’ve earned all of those points, you’ll need a great way to use them — check out our list of the 30+ best ways to redeem Choice Privileges hotel rewards points.
In reading through this post so far, you may have noticed a few of the participating retailers in the images.
Participating retailers and potential mileage bonuses in the Choice Privileges Mall can change regularly, so keep your eyes peeled for your favorites.
At the time of writing, these were some of the great earning rates being offered through the shopping portal:
- AliExpress: 3 points per $1
- American Eagle Outfitters: 2 points per $1
- Campmor: 6 points per $1
- Crayola: 7 points per $1
- Macy’s: 4 points per $1
- … and much more!
Choice Privileges offers a helpful tool for shoppers who are a bit forgetful. The Points Booster is an extension of your browser that automatically alerts you anytime you’re on a website that could earn you Choice Privileges points when shopping.
You’ll need Google Chrome in order to utilize the toolbar. It’s also free to download.
When paired with a points-earning credit card, the Choice Privileges shopping portal can give you a real boost.
Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card
If you want to earn Choice Privileges points directly, you can use the Choice Privileges card. This card earns 2x points per $1 on everyday purchases, which will pair nicely with the Choice Privileges Mall.
American Express Membership Rewards Cards
You can also earn Membership Rewards points, which can be transferred to the Choice Privileges program almost instantly.
Recommended Amex Cards (Personal)
|Credit Card||Key Benefits & Info|
The Platinum Card® from American Express
(at Amex's secure site)
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and select your preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 back each month on eligible purchases made with your Platinum Card® on one or more of the following: Audible, Disney+, The Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. There are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on the Equinox+ digital fitness app, or eligible Equinox club memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- Good to Excellent (670-850)
- Annual Fee: $695
- Terms Apply. For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum card, click here.
Must Reads: For more info on the Amex Platinum, see our thoughts on the cards incredible benefits and perks, which includes travel insurance coverage, and so much more. Check out our full review to see why it’s one of the best travel credit cards.
|American Express® Gold Card|
(at Amex's secure site)
- Rose Gold is here to stay. Card Members can choose between a Gold or Rose Gold Card.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S., and earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® Points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Good to Excellent (670-850)
- Annual Fee: $250
- Terms Apply. For rates and fees of the Amex Gold Card, click here.
Must Reads: For more info on the Amex Gold Card, see our guides on its benefits and perks, as well as our full review.
There are of course American Express business credit cards too.
Hot Tip: Earn and redeem your Choice Privileges points and any of Choice Hotels’ brands, including a “dual brand” that combines 2 brands under 1 roof! You’ll discover accommodations ranging from economy to midscale and even boutique upscale properties
Citi ThankYou Points Earning Cards
Choice Hotels is Citi’s first hotel transfer partner — and it features a transfer ratio that can’t be beat. You can transfer over your Citi points at a 1:2 ratio, which means you’ll receive 2 Choice points for every Citi point you transfer.
Recommended Citi Cards (Personal)
|CREDIT CARD||CARD INFO|
|Citi Premier® Card|
(at our partner's secure site)
- Earn 60,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Earn 3 Points per $1 spent at Restaurants, Supermarkets, Gas Stations, Air Travel and Hotels.
- Earn 1 Point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Annual Hotel Savings Benefit
- 60,000 Points are redeemable for $600 in gift cards when redeemed at thankyou.com
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
- Good to Excellent (670-850)
- Annual Fee: $95
Citi Rewards+® Card
(at our partner's secure site)
- Earn 20,000 bonus points after you spend $1,500 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening; redeemable for $200 in gift cards at thankyou.com
- For a limited time, earn 5 ThankYou® Points per $1 spent on air travel and hotels up to $6,000 in the first 12 months and then 1 ThankYou® Points per $1 spent thereafter.
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months from date of first transfer and on purchases from date of account opening. After that, the variable APR will be 14.24% – 24.24%, based on your creditworthiness. There is an intro balance transfer fee of 3% of each transfer (minimum $5) completed within the first 4 months of account opening. After that, your fee will be 5% of each transfer (minimum $5).
- The Citi Rewards+® Card – the only credit card that automatically rounds up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase – with no cap.
- Earn 2X ThankYou® Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations for the first $6,000 per year and then 1X Points thereafter. Plus, earn 1X ThankYou® Points on All Other Purchases.
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 14.24% – 24.24%, based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi’s discretion.
- Good to Excellent Credit Recommended (670-840)
- Annual Fee: $0
Choice Hotels provides customers with over 7,000 hotels in more than 40 countries — that’s a lot of options! Just think about all the great places you could stay if you had some extra points in your back pocket.
Luckily, with the Choice Privileges Mall, all it takes is a few extra clicks to go through the portal, and voila! Points are adding up on purchases you’d have made anyway, and you’re on your way to that next adventure.