The information regarding the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
For frequent traveling business owners who regularly stay at Wyndham hotels, the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card is quite the compelling card option that will allow you to get the most out of each Wyndham stay.
Not only will the card help supercharge the number of Wyndham points you’ll earn, but the automatic elite status, annual bonus points, and business protections really make the card a must-have for any Wyndham business traveler.
- 8x points per $1 spent at Wyndham hotels and gas stations
- 5x points per $1 spent on eligible marketing, advertising services, and utilities
- Automatic Wyndham Rewards Diamond elite status
- Receive 15,000 bonus points on your account anniversary each year
- 10% discount on award night redemptions
- Cardmembers’ booking discount on paid nights
- No foreign transaction fees
- Cell phone insurance
- Extended warranty protection
- $95 annual fee
Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Card - Snapshot
- Welcome Bonus & Info (Partner Content)
- Earn 45,000 bonus points, enough for up to 6 free nights at participating properties after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days. Free nights can require up to 30,000 points per bedroom at participating properties and are subject to availability. Resort fees may apply and cannot be paid with points.
- Earn 8 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases made at Hotels By Wyndham as well as on qualifying gas purchases.
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent on eligible marketing, advertising services, and utilities.
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases (excluding Wyndham Timeshare resorts down payments). That means paying bills, buying office supplies, purchasing inventory, and other business expenses can help you earn your next great vacation!
- Annual Bonus. Receive 15,000 bonus points each anniversary year–that’s enough for up to two free nights at participating properties.
- Automatic DIAMOND Level Benefits! Automatically receive a Wyndham Rewards DIAMOND member level and enjoy perks like suite upgrades, welcome amenity at check-in, and more.
- Enjoy a Cardmember Booking Discount. Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Cardmembers can save even more on our Best Available Rate at participating Hotels By Wyndham.
- Unlimited Earning. There is no limit to the number of points you can earn.
- go free® Faster. Redeem 10% fewer Wyndham Rewards points for go free® awards.
- Redeem your points for free nights at participating Wyndham Rewards properties, online shopping, gift cards and so much more.
- Card Categories:
- Customer Service Number866-757-3648
- Login Link
- Related Articles
- Wyndham Rewards Loyalty Program Review
- How To Get Hotel Elite Status With Wyndham Rewards
- How To Maximize Hotel Elite Status Matches With Hyatt, M life, Caesars & Wyndham
- Best Ways To Earn Lots of Wyndham Rewards Points
- Best Ways To Redeem Wyndham Rewards Points for Maximum Value
- The Best Wyndham Luxury Hotels To Book With Points
The Ideal Cardholder
The ideal cardholder for the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card is any business owner that visits Wyndham hotels, even just a few times a year, and wants to get the most value out of each of those stays.
Given that the card is the best on the market in return on your spend at Wyndham hotels and gas stations while providing benefits like top-tier elite status, annual bonus points, and a discount on award stays, the card is really a no-brainer for Wyndham business travelers.
Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Card Benefits
Here is a more detailed look at all of the top benefits you’ll receive by being a Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card cardholder, and how they work:
- Wyndham Rewards Diamond Status — Earn 20% bonus points on Wyndham stays, suite upgrades, early check-in, late checkout, a welcome amenity, and the ability to gift Gold status to 1 person per calendar year.
- Annual Bonus Points — Each year you renew your card, you’ll receive 15,000 Wyndham points, enough for 2 free nights at cheaper Wyndham hotels, 1 free night at any mid-tier Wyndham hotel, or applied towards a stay at one of the high-end Wyndham properties.
- 10% Award Night Discount — Cardholders get 10% of their redeemed Wyndham points back each time they book an award stay.
- Nightly Rate Discount — Cardholders also get a discount on paid nights by being able to book the Wyndham “Best Available Rate.”
- No Foreign Transaction Fees — You can use your card freely when you travel overseas without needing to pay any exchange fees.
- Cell Phone Insurance — When using your card to pay your cell phone bill, you’ll be covered for up to $600 in damages after paying a $50 deductible.
- Extended Warranty Protection —Enjoy 1 year of extended warranty protection for any items purchased with the card.
Great Card If
- You’re a small business owner that visits Wyndham hotels at least a few times per year
- You want top-tier Wyndham Diamond status
- You can easily get value out of the 15,000 annual bonus points
Don't Get If
- You seldom visit Wyndham hotels
- You aren’t a business owner, prefer a card without an annual fee, or both
Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Card - Fees
- Annual Fee
- Foreign Transaction Fees0% of the U.S. Dollar amount
- Interest Rates
- 15.99%, 19.99%, or 24.99% variable
- Late fees ?
- Up to $39
- Balance Transfers
- 15.99%, 19.99%, or 24.99% variable
- Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR
- 25.24% variable
How To Earn More Wyndham Rewards Points
The Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card is a fantastic option when it comes to rewarding you for your spending at Wyndham hotels thanks to it earning 8x points per $1 on these purchases, so you’ll want to make sure you always use this card to pay for your stay.
As if that weren’t enough, you’ll also get a great boost to your point earnings thanks to your complimentary Diamond elite status.
With the 20% bonus, Diamond members earn 12x points per $1, and when paying for your stay with the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card, you’ll earn a total of 20x points per $1 on stays — which is a whopping 18% return on your spend based on our valuations.
For business owners that are always on the road, the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card also earns 8x points per $1 on gas purchases, so you can really rack up the points each time you fill your tank up. In fact, this rate represents a return of 7.2% on gas purchases based on our valuations, making the best rewards card for gas purchases on the market.
Marketing, Advertising Services, and Utilities
Being that the card is a business credit card, after all, this category will help you earn extra points on regular business expenses that fall within any of these categories at a rate of 5x points per $1 spent. So for business owners with a large amount of ad spend, those 5x earnings will really come in handy.
All Other Purchases
Like most cards, the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card also earns 1x point per $1 on all other purchases outside of the above category, but you should probably opt for another credit card with a better earn rate here.
Wyndham Shopping Portal
Wyndham offers its own shopping portal where travelers can earn extra Wyndham points for purchases they were planning to make anyway!
All you need to do is head to the Wyndham Rewards shopping portal, select the merchant you want to shop through, and complete your checkout like you normally would — only this way, you’ll be earning anywhere from 1x to 30x points per $1 for these purchases depending on the merchant.
Adding Capital One Miles Cards
Wyndham Rewards is a transfer partner of just one of the major flexible points programs, and that is the Capital One Miles program. So, any eligible Capital One credit card that earns miles can then be transferred to your Wyndham account at a 1:1 rate.
Adding the Capital One® Venture® Rewards card would be a great option here since the card earns 2x miles per $1 on all purchases. This way, you could use your Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card on purchases within its 3 bonus categories, and you could use the CapOne Venture card to earn 2x on all other purchases.
How To Use Wyndham Points for Max Value
Wyndham Rewards Earner Business cardholders will have no problem building up points thanks to the card’s bonus categories. But once you’ve got those points, how can you get the maximum value out of them? Here are your options:
Wyndham Go Free Nights
Without a doubt, your best redemption option is going to be redeeming your Wyndham points for free nights in Wyndham hotels — full stop.
Through the Wyndham award chart, you can book free nights at hotels falling within 3 categories costing 7,500, 15,000, or 30,000 points per night. But thanks to your Wyndham Rewards Business card, you’ll receive 10% of all of your redeemed points back! This effectively brings the true cost of an award night at each category down to 6,750, 13,500, and 27,000, respectively.
Wyndham Go Fast Nights
Don’t have enough points for a full award stay? You can book a Wyndham Go Fast night at a reduced award rate plus a cash co-pay. These redemptions start at 1,500, 3,000, and 6,000 points per night, requiring significantly fewer points than full award nights.
This can be a great redemption option for anyone looking to conserve their Wyndham points or to lower the cost of a cash stay on relatively expensive nights.
Airline Transfer Partners
Wyndham offers 10 different airline transfer partners allowing members to convert their Wyndham points to the airline miles of one of those select programs. The transfer rates are pretty poor though, with rates starting at 6,000 Wyndham points to 1,200 airline miles, or 5:1.
Given the ratio, we’d advise against redeeming your points this way, unless you’re in a pinch and really need to top off your airline miles for a specific redemption.
Wyndham allows you to redeem your points through the Wyndham merchandise portal towards products from one of the dozens of listed merchants. You should avoid this, though, because this redemption will give you a value of just 0.3 cents per point — about 67% less than our 0.9 cents per point valuation of Wyndham points.
You’ll also have the option of redeeming your points towards gift cards with a variety of different merchants, but again you should think twice before redeeming your points this way as you’ll get just 0.3 cents per point in value.
Marathon Gas Stations
Through Wyndham’s partnership with the Marathon Makeitcount rewards program, members can redeem their Wyndham points for fuel discounts at Marathon gas stations. But again, given that you’ll get just 0.3 cents per point in value, this would not be the most optimal use of your points.
Tours and Activities
Finally, Wyndham members can redeem their points towards unique experiences like concerts or sports tickets through the Wyndham Rewards portal. But like the other cash-based options, this redemption also gives you a value of 0.3 cents per point, making it a poor option for your points.
Alternative Cards to the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Card
Business owners that prefer to stay at Marriott hotels should consider the Marriott Bonvoy Business card. The card earns 6x points per $1 on Marriott stays, and 4x points per $1 at U.S. restaurants, gas stations, shipping providers, and wireless phone services purchased directly from service providers, and 2x points per $1 on all other purchases.
|CREDIT CARD||CARD INFO|
|Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card|
(at Amex's secure site)
Plus the card includes benefits like complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status, an annual free night certificate, purchase protection, and 15 elite night credits to help cardholders reach Gold Elite status.
|CREDIT CARD||CARD INFO|
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
(at Amex's secure site)
If Hilton hotels suit you better, then the Hilton Business Amex card would be a better fit for you. The card earns 12x points per $1 on Hilton stays and 6x points per $1 on the following categories:
- U.S. gas stations
- Wireless telephone services purchases directly from U.S. service providers
- U.S. shipping purchases
- U.S. restaurants
- Flights booked directly with airlines or with Amex Travel
- Car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies
The information regarding the Capital One® Venture® Rewards card, Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus card, and Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best Wyndham Rewards credit card?
It depends entirely on what you’re hoping to get out of the card! From a pure points-earning and benefits perspective, the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card would be the best option thanks to its 8x earnings on Wyndham and gas purchases, Wyndham Diamond status, and annual bonus points.
However, if you don’t qualify for a small business card, the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus card is a great option as it earns 6x points on Wyndham stays and gives cardholders automatic Platinum status.
Those who are looking to get more value out of their Wyndham stays but don’t want to pay an annual fee should go for the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card.
Does the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card have an annual fee?
Yes, the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card charges a $95 annual fee, but the fee is offset by the 15,000 bonus points you receive each year that you renew your card — worth $135 based on our valuations.
Is the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card worth it?
If you’re a small business owner that stays at Wyndham hotels at least a few times a year, then yes, the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card is likely worth adding to your wallet.
Not only will you earn more points on all of your Wyndham stays, but you’ll also receive top-tier Wyndham Diamond status, 15,000 bonus points each year, a 10% discount on award nights, cell phone insurance, and much more.
How much are Wyndham Rewards points worth?
At Upgraded Points, we value Wyndham Rewards points at a rate of 0.9 cents per point. This figure is meant to serve as a baseline for what you should strive for when redeeming your points. Any redemption at or above this figure is a good value redemption in our view; anything below it is not.
Do Wyndham points expire?
Yes, Wyndham points expire after 18 months of account inactivity. To extend the expiration you must have some sort of account activity like earning, redeeming, or transferring points. Simply making a purchase with your Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card is enough to extend your points expiration date.
But regardless of your account activity, all Wyndham Rewards points will expire 48 months from when they were earned, and it is not possible to extend them beyond this date. So if you do not redeem your points within 4 years from the point they were earned, you will lose them.