The information regarding the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Adding co-branded hotel credit cards to your wallet can be a great idea for casual and frequent travelers alike. These cards can help you earn more points on each stay, give you elite status with the hotel chain, and give you a free night just for holding on to the card each year.
If you’re someone that likes to visit Wyndham hotels, then the Wyndham Rewards Earner+ card is one that you should consider adding to your wallet. Let’s take a look at all of the ways that this card can upgrade your Wyndham stays.
- 6x points per $1 spent at Wyndham hotels and gas stations
- 4x points per $1 on dining and grocery store purchases
- Automatic Wyndham Rewards Platinum elite status
- Receive 7,500 bonus points on your account anniversary each year
- 10% discount on award night redemptions
- Cardmembers’ booking discount on paid nights
- No foreign transaction fees
- $75 annual fee
Wyndham Rewards Earner+ - Snapshot
- Welcome Bonus & Info (Partner Content)
- Earn 45,000 bonus points, enough for up to 6 free nights at participating properties after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days. Free nights can require up to 30,000 points per bedroom at participating properties and are subject to availability. Resort fees may apply and cannot be paid with points.
- Earn 6 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases made at Hotels By Wyndham as well as on qualifying gas purchases.
- Earn 4 points per $1 spent on eligible dining and grocery purchases (excluding Target® and Walmart®).
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases (excluding Wyndham Timeshare resorts down payments). That means paying bills, buying home office supplies, car repairs, and more are earning you your next great vacation!
- Annual Bonus. Receive 7,500 bonus points each anniversary year—that’s enough for up to one free night at participating properties.
- Automatic PLATINUM Level Benefits! Automatically receive a Wyndham Rewards PLATINUM member level and enjoy perks like early check-in, car rental upgrades, and more.
- Enjoy a Cardmember Booking Discount. Wyndham Rewards Earner Plus Cardmembers can save even more on our Best Available Rate at participating Hotels By Wyndham.
- Unlimited Earning. There is no limit to the number of points you can earn.
- go free® Faster. Redeem 10% fewer Wyndham Rewards points for go free® awards.
- Redeem your points for free nights at participating Wyndham Rewards properties, online shopping, gift cards and so much more.
- Card Categories:
- Customer Service Number877-523-0478
- Login Link
- Related Articles
- Wyndham Rewards Loyalty Program Review
- How To Get Hotel Elite Status With Wyndham Rewards
- How To Maximize Hotel Elite Status Matches With Hyatt, M life, Caesars & Wyndham
- Best Ways To Earn Lots of Wyndham Rewards Points
- Best Ways To Redeem Wyndham Rewards Points for Maximum Value
- The Best Wyndham Luxury Hotels To Book With Points
The Ideal Cardholder
The Wyndham Rewards Earner+ card is a fantastic option for Wyndham loyalists who are looking to earn as many points as possible on all of their Wyndham stays, as well as on gas, grocery, and dining purchases.
Additionally, the card is a great option for travelers who might visit a Wyndham hotel a few times a year and want to take advantage of the annual bonus points and automatic Platinum elite status.
Wyndham Rewards Earner+ Card Travel Benefits
Here is a detailed look at all of the benefits you’ll receive by being a Wyndham Rewards Earner+ cardholder:
- Wyndham Rewards Platinum Status — Earn 15% bonus points on Wyndham stays, preferred room upgrades, early check-in, late checkout, plus Avis and Budget rental car upgrades.
- Annual Bonus Points — Each year you renew your card, you’ll receive 7,500 Wyndham points, which enough for a free night at cheaper Wyndham hotels, or can be used towards a stay at one of their luxury properties costing 15,000 or 30,000 points per night.
- 10% Award Night Discount — Each time you book an award stay, you’ll get 10% of those redeemed points back, with no limit on how many points you can earn back each year.
- Nightly Rate Discount — Cardmembers also get a discount on paid nights by being able to book the Wyndham “Best Available Rate.”
- No Foreign Transaction Fees — Use your card overseas without needing to worry about paying any exchange fees.
Great Card If
- You’re a Wyndham loyalist and want to earn as many points as possible
- You visit Wyndham hotels a few nights a year and want to have Platinum elite status to enhance those stays
Don't Get If
- You hardly ever, or prefer not to, stay at Wyndham hotels
- You want a card without an annual fee
Wyndham Rewards Earner+ - Card Fees
- Annual Fee
- Foreign Transaction Fees0% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Interest Rates
- 15.74%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable
- Late fees ?
- Up to $40
- Balance Transfers
- 0% introductory APR for the first 15 billing cycles following each balance transfer that posts to your account within 45 days of account opening
- After that, APR will be 15.74%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable
- Cash Advance APR
- 25.24% variable
How To Earn More Wyndham Points
To help boost your Wyndham points balance, you’ll naturally want to make your Wyndham Rewards Earner+ card your go-to card on all of your Wyndham stays since the card earns 6x points per $1 on these purchases.
Better yet, these points are in addition to the points you’ll earn for being a Wyndham Rewards member with Platinum status.
Since Platinum members earn 11.5x points per $1, when paying for your stay with the Wyndham Rewards Earner+ card, you’ll earn a total of 17.5x points per $1 on stays — a 15.75% return on your spend based on our valuation of Wyndham points.
Cardholders also earn 4x points per $1 on dining purchases, allowing you to continue racking up the points when dining at your favorite restaurants.
Stocking up on groceries for the family? The Wyndham Rewards Earner+ card also earns 4x points per $1 at grocery stores as well. This is a great way to earn a lot of points throughout the year, especially if you have a large family to feed.
Hot Tip: Keep in mind that the grocery store 4x bonus does not apply at superstores like Target and Walmart.
All Other Purchases
Of course, your card will earn 1x point per $1 on all other purchases outside of the above categories, although, you might want to consider another card option for all of these non-bonused purchases unless you’re trying to earn as many Wyndham points as possible.
Wyndham Shopping Portal
The Wyndham Rewards Shopping portal is another great way for travelers to earn more Wyndham points while they online shop. Simply select the merchant you want to shop with from one of the dozens of Wyndham partners, and depending on the merchant, you can earn anywhere from 1x to 30x points per $1 for your purchases.
Adding Capital One Miles Cards
Wyndham Rewards is a transfer partner of the Capital One Miles program, and all miles earned for eligible Capital One cards can be transferred to your Wyndham account at a 1:1 rate. Take the Capital One® Venture® Rewards card, for example, which earns 2x miles per $1 on all purchases made with the card.
With this 2-card combination, you could use your Wyndham Rewards Earner+ card for purchases at Wyndham hotels, gas stations, grocery stores, and on dining, while using your CapOne Venture card on all other purchases.
How To Use Wyndham Points for Max Value
So you’ve built up a stash of Wyndham points — now what? Redeeming them of course! Wyndham offers a variety of redemption options, but there are far from equal when it comes to value.
Wyndham Go Free Nights
By far the best option when it comes to redeeming your Wyndham Rewards points is for award night redemptions at one of the more than 9,000 Wyndham hotels worldwide.
Wyndham offers 3 separate award night categories, with properties priced at 7,500, 15,000, and 30,000 points per night. But remember that, because you’re a Wyndham Rewards Earner+ cardholder, you’ll receive 10% of your redeemed points back, effectively bringing each of these award redemptions down to 6,750, 13,500, and 27,000 points per night.
Hot Tip: Wondering which Wyndham hotels make for the best redemptions? Read our guide on the best ways to redeem Wyndham Rewards points for maximum value.
Wyndham Go Fast Nights
If you’re looking to stretch your points out further, Wyndham offers Go Fast rates, which is the chain’s take on points plus cash redemptions.
At these rates, Wyndams 3 award categories drop to 1,500, 3,000, and 6,000 points per night, obviously accompanied by a reduced cash price for the stay.
These redemptions can make for a great option when cash rates are significantly higher than average, as well as for travelers who don’t quite have enough Wyndham points needed for a full award stay.
Airline Transfer Partners
Wyndham offers a handful of airline partners where members can convert their points to an airline loyalty program. However, with each of these airline partners, the transfer rates are 6,000 Wyndham points to 1,200 airline miles.
Given the poor transfer rate, this wouldn’t be the best use of your Wyndham points unless you really need to top off your balance in an airline program in order to make a redemption.
Through the Wyndham merchandise portal, you can use your points to purchase products from a wide variety of merchants, but redeeming your points this way will give you a value of just 0.3 cents per point — much lower than the 0.9 cents per point valuation we’ve given to Wyndham points.
Like many rewards programs, you’ll have the option to redeem your points for gift cards with merchants like Amazon, Best Buy, and Starbucks, but again, you’ll receive just 0.3 cents per point in value, so we do not advise redeeming your points this way.
Marathon Gas Stations
Wyndham has partnered with Marathon’s Makeitcount rewards program to allow Wyndham members to redeem their points discounts when purchasing gas at Marathon stations. Like other redemption options, you’ll receive 0.3 cents per point in value, making it a poor redemption option for your points.
Tours and Activities
Lastly, you can use your Wyndham Rewards points to book experiences through the Wyndham Rewards portal on items like Napa wine tours, Chicago riverboat cruises, and live entertainment. The value of these redemptions will be around 0.3 cents per point, so you’d be better off just paying cash for them.
Alternative Cards to the Wyndham Rewards Earner+ Card
If you’re more of a fan of Marriott hotels, then the Marriott Boundless card would likely be a better fit for you. The card earns 6x points per $1 on Marriott stays plus 2x points per $1 on all other purchases.
You’ll also receive a free night certificate each year that can be redeemed at any Marriott hotel costing up to 35,000 points per night, automatic Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status, and 15 elite night credits to help you achieve higher levels of elite status.
Prefer Hyatt hotels? Then you should opt for the World of Hyatt card and its 4x points per $1 on Hyatt stays and 2x points per $1 on dining, airfare, local transit, and gym membership purchases.
Plus, the World of Hyatt card gives you automatic Hyatt Discoverist status, an annual free night certificate that can be redeemed at up to a category 4 Hyatt hotel, and 5 elite night credits to help boost you to the next elite status level.
The information regarding the Capital One® Venture® Rewards card, Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card, and Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Frequently asked questions
Is the Wyndham Rewards Earner+ card worth it?
If you’re someone who stays at Wyndham hotels at least once or twice a year, or enough to get value out of the card’s annual award points, automatic Platinum elite status, and 10% discount on award stays, then the Wyndham Rewards Earner+ card is probably worth adding to your wallet.
What is the best Wyndham Rewards credit card?
The best Wyndham Rewards credit card depends entirely on your personal situation and travel goals.
If you want to get more out of each of your Wyndham stays, but do not want to pay a credit card annual fee, then you should consider the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card.
Those who want to maximize their Wyndham stays by earning as many points as possible, getting automatic Platinum status, and getting discounts on paid and award stays should select the Wyndham Rewards Earner+ card.
If you’re a small business owner, you should go for the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card, which is actually the most compelling Wyndham card from a benefits perspective thanks to its earn rate on Wyndham stays, 15,000 annual bonus points, and automatic Diamond elite status.
Do Wyndham points expire?
Yes, Wyndham points will expire after 18 months of account inactivity. To prevent this you just need some sort of account activity like earning, redeeming, or transferring points. Those with the Wyndham Rewards Earner+ card can simply make a purchase on their card to extend the expiration of their points.
However, keep in mind that all Wyndham Rewards points will expire 48 months from the time they were earned, with no way to extend them. But as long as you’re redeeming your points more frequently than every 4 years, this shouldn’t be an issue.
How much are Wyndham Rewards points worth?
Providing a valuation of any rewards program can be a tough undertaking due to all of the ways your points can be redeemed. However, at Upgraded Points, we value Wyndham Rewards points at 0.9 cents per point. You can, of course, get more value from your redemptions than this figure, but it serves as a good baseline to help you determine what is a good value redemption and what is not.
Does the Wyndham Rewards Earner+ card have an annual fee?
Yes, the Wyndham Rewards Earner+ card charges a $75 annual fee, but this is offset by the 7,500 bonus points you receive each year that you renew your card, worth $67.50 based on our valuations.