Most travelers enjoy the special treatment they receive from having hotel loyalty program elite status… so much so that long-term relationships may be built with the hotel brand preference, and in the process, the traveler becomes qualified for hotel elite status.
Once you’ve grown accustomed to upgraded rooms, executive lounge access, late check-out, complimentary breakfast, and other amenities, it can be difficult to break away and stay at other hotel chains.
Fortunately, with hotel loyalty program status matches and challenges, you may not have to give up those hard-earned perks to try out a new brand — and that is our topic today.
We’re going to talk about utilizing your current hotel loyalty program elite status to receive corresponding complimentary elite status in another hotel loyalty program. This strategy can be extremely helpful if you’ve relocated, changed jobs, or you simply want to try a different hotel brand.
Let’s get started by covering which hotel programs offer these status matches/challenges, the requirements, and the process for submitting a request. We’ll also discuss some of the benefits you can expect to receive with elite status. We’ve included our recommendations for hotel-branded credit cards that may offer an even faster path to elite status or that compliment the specific hotel rewards program.
It’s a lot to cover, so let’s get started.
How Do Hotel Loyalty Program Status Matches and Challenges Work?
Hotel rewards programs want to attract good customers with proven loyalty and 1 strategy for doing so is to offer a match of your current earned hotel elite status to the corresponding elite status in their hotel loyalty program.
This match gives a proven loyal customer time to try out the new brand, while having similar elite status, and with hopes that the guest will continue to stay at that brand in the future. It’s worth noting that normally only earned (versus granted) elite status will be matched, but there are exceptions where status held by having a co-branded hotel credit card has been matched.
A status match may be good for 90 days, even longer, and may include requirements for a specified number of stays or nights within that time period to extend your status. This additional stay requirement is commonly called a “challenge.” If you meet the challenge stay requirements, the extended status could last a set number of additional months, the remainder of the current calendar year, or even the entire subsequent calendar year, depending on the structure of the match/challenge.
Note that usually only paid stays count towards a challenge and stays must be booked directly through the hotel reservation website versus a third party, such as an online travel agency.
Most major hotel loyalty programs offer matches, challenges, or a combination of the 2, but offers can be withdrawn at any time. Also, not all hotel loyalty programs publish the requirements for a status match or challenge. In these cases, different customers may receive different offers.
Let’s look at some of the most popular hotel loyalty program status matches and challenges.
The Status Match and Challenge
While Marriott Bonvoy doesn’t offer a status match to other hotel loyalty program elite status, it does have a RewardsPlus partnership program with United Airlines and matches United Premier Gold members (and higher) to Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status. You can register here.
For others who want a fast track to Marriott Bonvoy hotel program elite status, the program does offer a status challenge.
You do not need to have a corresponding status to participate, as even a Marriott Bonvoy member can elect to do the challenge. For example, if you are a Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite member, you can choose to do a challenge for higher Platinum Elite status.
Enroll in the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program before registering for the challenge. Have your account number ready, call Marriott Bonvoy at 800-627-7468, and ask for a Marriott Bonvoy representative (if you are not immediately directed to one). You must select one of the challenge levels, Gold or Platinum, at the time of registration.
You will have the remainder of the current month plus 3 additional months to complete the challenge. For example, if you call in on March 15, you would have the remainder of March plus all of April, May, and June to complete the stays you need to extend status.
- Gold Challenge — stay 8 paid nights
- Platinum Challenge — stay 16 paid nights
A word of caution voiced by members who have completed the challenge and had issues — document the challenge offer, follow up with a call back to make sure the challenge is noted in your account, and check your Marriott Bonvoy account to see if the challenge has been listed under your “promotions” (it may or may not be, but if it is you can be assured you’re registered).
You could also request a follow-up email confirming that you are enrolled in the challenge and that it states the specific terms of the challenge such as dates, number of nights needed, and level of elite status requested.
Since Marriott Bonvoy does not publish a status match or challenge, this information was gathered from calling Marriott Bonvoy directly, from Marriott Insider bulletin boards, and sites such as StatusMatcher and FlyerTalk.
The Benefits of Marriott Bonvoy Elite Status
All elite members receive complimentary Wi-Fi, a dedicated reservation line, and the fifth night free when booking 5 consecutive award nights.
|Elite Level||Nights Required Each Calendar Year|
|Silver||10||10% bonus points on stays, late check-out when available|
|Gold||25||25% bonus points on stays, 2 p.m. late check-out, enhanced room upgrades, welcome points|
|Platinum||50||50% bonus points on stays, executive lounge access, complimentary breakfast, 4 p.m. late check-out, early check-in, enhanced room upgrades including suites, annual choice benefit|
|Titanium||75||75% bonus points on stays, all Platinum benefits, an additional choice benefit, United Airlines Silver Premier status, guaranteed room availability|
|Ambassador||100 plus $20,000 in qualified spending at Marriott||All Titanium benefits plus an assigned personal ambassador and “Your 24” with the ability to pick check-in/check-out times|
This is just an overview of the key benefits of Marriott Bonvoy elite status. We’ve written extensively for you on how to earn lots of Marriott Bonvoy points, and the best way to redeem your Marriott Bonvoy points for maximum value.
The Best Credit Cards for Marriott Bonvoy Loyalists
American Express and Chase issue several Marriott-branded credit cards, each with the potential to serve a Marriott guest well. Here are just a couple of the best credit cards for Marriott loyalists.
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express© Card
Why we like the card for Marriott Bonvoy loyalists:
- Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- Receive Platinum Elite status after spending $75,000 on the card in a calendar year
- Worldwide lounge access to over 1,300 Priority Pass locations
- Free hotel night certificate each card anniversary year, worth up to 50,000 points
- $300 statement credit for Marriott purchases each card anniversary year
- $100 property credit at Ritz-Carlton or St. Regis properties
- 6x earnings at Marriott, 3x earnings on flights booked with airlines and U.S. restaurants, 2x earnings all other purchases
- 15 qualifying elite night credits towards elite status
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card
Why we like the card for Marriott Bonvoy loyalists:
- Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status
- Receive Gold Elite status after spending $35,000 on the card
- Free hotel night certificate each card anniversary year, worth up to 35,000 points
- Up to 17x earnings at Marriott, 2x earnings all other purchases
- 15 qualifying elite night credits towards elite status, plus earn 1 Elite Night Credit towards Elite Status for every $5,000 you spend.
Both cards come with complimentary premium Wi-Fi at Marriott properties, no foreign transaction fees, purchase protection, and travel benefits such as secondary car rental insurance, trip delay, and baggage delay.
Bottom Line: Marriott Bonvoy offers a status challenge versus a status match. You can participate in a Gold or Platinum level challenge that will extend status after staying 8 qualifying nights or 16 qualifying nights, respectively, within the 90-day challenge period.
The Status Match and Challenge
Hilton Honors will match most current equivalent hotel elite statuses to its Gold level for an initial 90-day period. During that time period, you’ll have the option to complete a challenge.
- Stay 5 nights during the 90-day challenge period and extend Gold status through March 31, 2023
- Stay 9 nights during the 90-day challenge period and receive top-level Diamond status through March 31, 2023
To request that your current elite status be matched and to participate in a challenge, sign up for Hilton Honors, then complete the online status match request. You’ll need to provide your Hilton Honors membership number, proof of your current hotel elite status, and documentation of a Hilton hotel stay within the past 24 months.
The Benefits of Hilton Honors Elite Status
The benefits of Hilton Honors elite status are many. Here are just some highlights of what you can expect as a Hilton Honors elite:
- Silver Status — standard free Wi-Fi, late check-out, fifth consecutive award night free, 20% bonus points on stays, elite rollover nights, no resort fees on award stays
- Gold Status — all Silver benefits plus room upgrades, free breakfast, and 80% bonus points on hotel stays
- Diamond Status — all previously mentioned benefits plus an upgrade to premium Wi-Fi, 100% bonus points on hotel stays, upgraded room included suites, executive lounge access, and the ability to gift status
The Best Credit Card for Hilton Honors Loyalists
Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
You’ll normally find nothing higher than mid-level elite status on a hotel-branded credit card, but the Hilton Aspire card delivers much more. The card offers top-level Hilton Honors Diamond status for as long as you hold the card.
Why we like the card for Hilton Honors Loyalists:
Bottom Line: Hilton Honors will grant a status match for an initial 90-day period then extend the status after completion of the challenge requirements during that time. Staying 5 qualifying nights during the period extends Gold status while staying 9 nights is required to extend Platinum status. The Hilton Aspire card offers the quickest way to top elite status, offering Diamond level status as long as you have the card.
World of Hyatt
The Status Match and Challenge
While there isn’t currently a public status match or challenge available with World of Hyatt, some corporations are eligible for their employees to participate in status challenges. Check with your travel booking department to see if your company currently participates.
Hyatt also has a partnership with American Airlines. Select AAdvantage elite members may qualify for Hyatt elite challenges or status matches. You can link your accounts and get more information here.
Also worth noting is that, due to an ongoing partnership, MGM Rewards members can receive the corresponding World of Hyatt status.
The Benefits of World of Hyatt Elite Status
Whether it’s entry-level Discoverist status, mid-tier Explorist, or top-level Globalist, you’ll enjoy the perks of being a World of Hyatt elite. Here’s a quick overview of the benefits of having status with Hyatt.
- Discoverist — complimentary free premium internet, free breakfast at participating Hyatt Place properties, resort fees waived on award nights, basic room upgrade, 2 p.m. check-out, early 12 p.m. check-in
- Explorist — all the benefits of Discoverist status plus room upgrades to the best room available, excluding suites
- Globalist — all previously mentioned benefits plus free lounge access, suite upgrades when available, Guest of Honor privileges to gift award nights to family/friends, late 4 p.m. check-out, free hotel parking on award nights
All elite members receive a dedicated reservation line, bottled water, member-only rates, dedicated check-in area, and corresponding MGM Rewards elite status.
Hot Tip: If you already have Hyatt Explorist status, check out this cool trick to status match to MGM Rewards Gold, Ceasar’s Diamond, and Wyndham Diamond.
The Best Credit Card for World of Hyatt Loyalists
The World of Hyatt Credit Card
The Hyatt Credit Card supports the World of Hyatt loyalty program nicely with free hotel nights, elite qualifying nights each year, and elevated earnings at Hyatt properties.
Why we like the card for World of Hyatt loyalists:
- Free hotel night certificate at card renewal
- Complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status
- 5 elite qualifying nights towards elite status qualification each calendar year
- Earn 2 additional elite qualifying nights for each $5,000 spent on the card
- 9x earnings at Hyatt
- 2x earnings on flights, local transit, fitness/gym memberships, restaurants
Bottom Line: World of Hyatt is not offering a status match or challenge currently, but certain corporate clients may participate in a status challenge. World of Hyatt members who have MGM MGM Rewards status may receive reciprocal elite status.
IHG One Rewards
The Status Match and Challenge
IHG One Rewards periodically offers status matches and it currently has a promotion through July 31, 2022. With this status challenge, you’ll receive Platinum Elite status and can keep that status through December 2023 if you stay 5 nights within 120 days of registration. If you stay an additional 10 nights in the 120-day period, you’ll be upgraded to Diamond status.
Additionally, IHG allows you to purchase Ambassador Elite status which grants elite benefits at Intercontinental properties. Ambassador status costs $200 or you can redeem 40,000 IHG One Rewards points.
The Benefits of IHG One Rewards Elite Status
All IHG One Rewards elite members receive late check-out, special member rates, and free internet. Rewards nights also count toward elite status for all members.
Here are the additional benefits you can expect with IHG One Rewards elite status:
- Silver Elite — 20% bonus points on stays
- Gold Elite — 40% bonus points on stays
- Platinum Elite — 60% bonus points on stays, complimentary room upgrades, elite rollover nights, guaranteed room availability
- Diamond Elite — 100% bonus points on stays, free breakfast, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards 5 Star status
The Best Credit Card for IHG One Rewards Loyalists
IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card
- Spend $20,000 in a calendar year on the card and receive 10,000 bonus points
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance
To decide which IHG-branded credit card is right for you, you’ll want to read our full review. To learn how to earn lots of IHG One Rewards points and redeem them for great value, we’ve covered these topics, too.
Bottom Line: Ambassador status, good at Intercontinental properties, can be purchased for $200. IHG One Rewards Platinum Elite status can be secured by having the IHG Premier card.
The Status Match and Challenge
Update:While Wyndham has currently suspended its status match and challenge program, we’ll still detail the previous program as we are hopeful the program will return. One exception to the suspension of Wyndham status matches is the brand’s reciprocatory relationship with the Caesars Rewards program. Top Wyndham Rewards Platinum and Diamond members may still status match to Caesars Rewards program.
If you are a member of any of the major hotel loyalty programs, Wyndham will match you to its Gold level status. You do not need to have elite status in another program to receive Wyndham Gold status.
Wyndham offers an elite status match that grants equivalent elite status for 90 days from the date of approval. To extend the status, the member must complete the required amount of stays during the 90-day period.
For the Platinum level, the required number of stays for the challenge is 7 and for Diamond, it is 14 stays. Once those stays are completed, status is extended to December 31 of the following calendar year.
Here is a sampling of what you can expect when you request a status match with Wyndham.
|Hotel Loyalty Program||Status Level in Current Program||Matched to This Wyndham Status Level|
|Marriott Bonvoy||Silver Elite||Platinum|
|Marriott Bonvoy||Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite, Ambassador Elite||Diamond|
|Hilton Honors||Gold, Diamond||Diamond|
|World of Hyatt||Discoverist||Platinum|
|World of Hyatt||Explorist, Globalist||Diamond|
|IHG One Rewards||Gold||Platinum|
|IHG One Rewards||Platinum Elite, Diamond Elite||Diamond|
|Radisson Rewards Americas||Silver||Platinum|
|Radisson Rewards Americas||Gold, Platinum||Diamond|
|Choice Privileges||Gold, Platinum||Platinum|
|Best Western||Gold, Platinum, Diamond||Platinum|
|Best Western||Diamond Select||Diamond|
The Benefits of Wyndham Rewards Elite Status
All Wyndham Rewards members receive free Wi-Fi, rollover elite nights, go free local gift or experience discount voucher, and a minimum of 1,000 points per stay.
|Benefits||Gold — 5 Nights||Platinum — 15 Nights||Diamond — 40 Nights|
|Preferred Room Choice||X||X||X|
|Avis and Budget Car Rental Upgrades||X||X|
|Gift Gold Status||X|
The Best Credit Card for Wyndham Rewards Loyalists
Wyndham Rewards® Earner+ Card
Why we like the card for Wyndham Rewards loyalists:
- Welcome bonus
- 6x earnings for spending at Wyndham properties in addition to 10 points per dollar for staying at Wyndham, plus 5x earnings on gas
- 4x earnings on dining and groceries
- 7,500 Wyndham Rewards points at each card renewal
- $75 annual fee
Barclays also issues a Wyndham Rewards Card with no annual fee. You can learn more about these 2 cards and all the ways to earn Wyndham Rewards points here.
Bottom Line: Wyndham Rewards will match members of other hotel rewards programs to its Gold status level and corresponding elite members to the same Wyndham Rewards elite level. To extend status beyond the initial 90-day match, Gold level requires 7 qualifying stays and Diamond requires 14 stays.
Radisson Rewards Americas
The Status Match
While Radisson Rewards Americas offers a quick and easy path to matching your existing hotel status, the hotel chain limits status matches to once in a lifetime. For this reason, you’ll want to plan the timing your request for when the status is especially important to you, perhaps for an upcoming stay at a special property or an extended stay.
The program has 3 elite levels but only Silver and Gold levels are granted for status matches. Its top Platinum status is not included in the status match program and must be earned.
To request a status match, simply send an email with your Radisson Rewards Americas membership number and proof of current earned hotel elite status to [email protected]
The Benefits of Radisson Rewards Americas Elite Status
When matched to Silver level you can expect to receive:
- 22x Radisson Rewards Americas points per dollar spent at Radisson
- Room upgrade
- Early check-in/late check-out
- 10% discount on food and beverage.
And when matched to Gold level, you can expect the following:
- 25x Radisson Rewards Americas points per dollar spent at Radisson
- Room upgrade
- A welcome gift
- 15% discount on food/beverage
- Early check-in/late check-out
- Guaranteed room availability 72 hours before your stay
You can go on to achieve Platinum level status and receive the following:
- 35x Radisson Rewards Americas points per dollar spent at Radisson
- Room upgrade, welcome gift, early check-in/late check-out
- Complimentary breakfast
- 20% discount on food/beverage
- Guaranteed room availability 48 hours before your stay
All Radisson Rewards Americas members receive member-only rates, the ability to book using points/cash, complimentary water during their stay, and award nights that count towards elite status qualification.
Learn more about the best ways to earn Radisson Rewards points and how to get maximum value when redeeming your points in our articles on these topics.
The Best Credit Card for Radisson Rewards Americas Loyalists
All Radisson Rewards co-branded cards have been discontinued as of April 2022.
Bottom Line: Radisson Rewards Americas will status match to its Silver and Gold levels. Matches expire at the end of the elite qualifying year unless the elite status is earned under the normal annual requirements. Radisson only matches status once in a lifetime.
The Status Match and Challenge
Join Choice Privileges to be eligible for a status match with Choice Privileges.
Send an email to [email protected] (U.S. and Canadian members), [email protected] (for European members), or [email protected] (for Australian or New Zealand members) and include the following information.
- Full name
- Choice Privileges member number
- Screenshot or copy of your other program’s membership card, current statement, or account status page showing status and expiration date
You can expect to be matched to Gold or Platinum Elite level.
However, if you stay 1 night at a Cambria hotel, you will be upgraded to Diamond Elite status. Just add this documentation to your request:
- A copy or screenshot of your Cambria hotel folio/receipt
You can expect a response within 3-5 business days.
Status matches granted for Diamond status between January and June will provide elite status through the remainder of that calendar year. Matches to Diamond status granted June through December will receive status through the end of the following year. Guests who received a Diamond status match in the previous year are not eligible in the current year.
If you were previously matched to a status less than Diamond, you may still remain eligible for a Diamond status match with a Cambria stay.
The Benefits of Choice Privileges Elite Status
All elite members receive exclusive member rates, a dedicated elite customer service line, and express reservations/check-in.
- Gold — 10% bonus points on stays
- Platinum — 25% bonus points on stays, Avis Preferred Plus
- Diamond — 50% bonus points on stays, Avis Preferred Plus, complimentary room upgrades
While elite status doesn’t result in a long list of benefits, if you can secure a status match to Diamond and have an upcoming stay or 2, you could benefit from extra bonus points and an upgraded room.
The Best Credit Card for Choice Privileges Loyalists
Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card
If you stay with Choice often, you might want to check out the Choice-branded credit card. The card does not charge an annual fee, offers a nice welcome bonus, and comes with super elevated earnings at Choice properties.
Why we like the card for Choice Privileges loyalists:
- Welcome bonus worth as many as 4 free hotel nights
- Complimentary Choice Privileges Gold Elite status
- 15x points per dollar spent at eligible Choice properties
- 5x earnings when purchasing Choice Privilege points or Choice gift cards
- 2x earnings all other purchases
- 8,000 bonus points after spending $10,000 in a calendar year on the card
- Visa Signature benefits
For more information, check out our guides on the best ways to earn Choice Privilege points and the best ways to redeem Choice Privilege points.
Bottom Line: Choice Privileges will match you to Gold or Platinum level based on your current hotel elite status, but if you stay at a Cambria hotel just 1 night, it will match you to Diamond-level elite status.
Best Western Rewards
The Status Match — Best Western
Best Western Rewards offers a “No Catch” status match that matches your current hotel program elite status and extends that status to the end of the program year.
Join Best Western Rewards, call 800-444-7646 if you have questions, and complete the status match request form. You’ll need to include documentation of your current hotel status. A prompt reply is promised.
The Benefits of Best Western Rewards Elite Status
- Gold — 10% bonus points on stays, special member rates, late check-in/early check-out, a welcome gift or choice of points, room upgrades
- Platinum — all Gold benefits, 15% bonus points on stays
- Diamond — all Gold benefits, 30% bonus points on stays
- Diamond Elite — all Gold benefits, 50% bonus points on stays
All Best Western Rewards elite members receive a dedicated reservation line, points that never expire, no blackout dates, and free award nights count towards elite status.
The Status Match — WorldHotels
In early 2019, Best Western acquired the luxury hotel brand WorldHotels. Although its footprint is small, just 300 properties worldwide, the acquisition serves to round out the brand with an upscale accommodations option.
The brand’s “No Catch” status match functions the same as the Best Western program in that you must first join WorldHotels Rewards, then complete a form to request the match. WorldHotels Rewards will determine the equivalent match level based on your status with the other hotel chain. Matched status is valid through January 2022.
The benefits of elite status with WorldHotels Rewards align with the same benefits as Best Western Rewards.
The Best Credit Card for Best Western Rewards Loyalists
Why we like the card for Best Western Rewards loyalists:
- Complimentary Platinum Elite status as long as you have the card
- Welcome bonus worth up to 4 free hotel nights
- 20x points per dollar spent at Best Western (10x points for having the card + 10x points for Platinum status)
- Low annual fee
Best Western also has a co-branded card that has no annual fee. The Best Western Rewards® Mastercard® earns a total of 13x points per dollar spent at Best Western properties.
Bottom Line: Best Western Rewards will match your hotel elite status until the end of the current elite program year.
Sonesta Travel Pass
While Sonesta sports a small footprint worldwide with less than 100 properties, the offerings are diverse and range from upscale resorts, extended-stay properties, to unique intimate accommodations.
The Status Match
A status match is simple to obtain by first joining Sonesta Travel Pass, then sending an email to [email protected] Include your Travel Pass number and a copy of your current hotel status credentials with another hotel chain, such as your membership card or statement.
Sonesta will match to the Preferred or Elite level depending on your current status with the other hotel chain.
The Benefits of Sonesta Travel Pass Loyalty Status
All Sonesta Travel Pass members receive complimentary upgraded Wi-Fi, 5% off, express check in/check out, customized room preferences, member-only offers, and assistance from a Member Champion during their stay.
- Preferred — all Member benefits, plus priority reservations line, guaranteed room type (bed type), complimentary room upgrades, early check in/check out
- Elite — all Preferred benefits, plus priority self-parking, discounted suite upgrades, a welcome amenity, complimentary lounge access, a $15 Snack and Sip credit, and a 15% discount on dining and amenities
The Best Credit Card for Sonesta Loyalists
Sonesta World Mastercard® Credit Card
- Generous welcome bonus worth up to 6 free hotel nights
- 3x earnings at Sonesta (a total of 13x earnings for Travel Pass members)
- 2x earnings on car rental, dining, and airfare
- Spend $7,500 each anniversary year and receive 30,000 bonus points
- Complimentary Elite-level member status
- Complimentary room upgrades
- 15% discount on dining and amenities
- No foreign transaction fees
- $75 annual fee waived the first year
Bottom Line: If you’re a Sonesta fan, have upcoming stays with the hotel chain, and have elite status with another hotel loyalty program, requesting a status match is an easy way to gain benefits that can make your stay more comfortable and also more rewarding.
Status Challenge Considerations
Before you jump in and request a challenge, be sure to investigate and learn the answers to these questions:
- Can I receive written confirmation of the terms/conditions of the status match/challenge?
- What are the exact start and ending dates for the challenge?
- Do only paid stays count toward completing the challenge? Note that third party bookings, such as Orbitz, Hotels.com, etc., normally do not count and benefits do not normally apply when nights are not booked directly with the hotel brand.
- Is my current status matched to the new brand at the beginning of any required challenge period or after I complete the challenge?
- If I complete the challenge successfully, how long with my new status be extended? What date will it expire?
- Would a hotel-branded credit card give me the same elite level status without having to complete a status challenge requiring a lot of paid stays?
- How often does this hotel brand grant members a status match/challenge? For example, is it limited to once in a lifetime, every 3 years, or every 5 years?
- Do I have a lot of stays coming up at the brand with which I am requesting the match/challenge? Is this the best timing for the challenge if I can only do it once in a lifetime, every 5 years, etc.?
Hot Tip: Some hotel loyalty elite programs have been known to match granted elite status, such as the complimentary elite status that comes with your credit card. For example, The Platinum Card® from American Express comes with Hilton Honors Gold and Marriott Bonvoy Gold statuses that may be possible to match to other hotel elite programs.
A hotel loyalty program status match or challenge can be a great opportunity to try out a new hotel brand without sacrificing the benefits you’ve previously earned with your current hotel brand.
Elite status can offer such an elevated experience at your preferred brand and it’s relatively easy to secure. It can also be good to have elite status in more than 1 hotel program as a backup when a preferred hotel brand is not available at your destination.
Also, keep in mind that elite status challenges and matches are not unique to hotel loyalty programs — some airline frequent flyer programs offer the same type of elite status reciprocity. To learn more about matching your earned airline elite status with another airline, you’ll want to catch our comprehensive article on the topic.
The information regarding the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card, and Best Western Rewards® Premium Mastercard® was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, click here.