"Luxury Benefits and Perks for the Serious Traveler"
Any business owner that has a lot of business travel, and prefers to do that traveling in style, should take a serious look at The Business Platinum Card® from American Express.
Not only is the card great for earning points for all of your flights, but it comes loaded up with excellent travel benefits, annual credits, and purchase protections. Put simply, it is a premium credit card for people who value a premium experience.
- Welcome Bonus & Info (Partner Content)
- Welcome Offer: Earn 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, 0% Intro APR for 12 months from the date of the account opening on purchases eligible for Pay Over Time. After that, your APR will be 14.24% to 22.24% based on your credit worthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Earn 1.5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible purchases in key business categories, as well as on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else. Cap applies.
- Unlock over $1,000 in value per year for statement credits on select purchases with your Card, including up to $400 with Dell Technologies, up to $360 with Indeed, up to $150 with Adobe and up to $120 on wireless telephone purchases. Enrollment required.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year toward baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- Access to more than 1,300 airport lounges across 140 countries and counting with The American Express Global Lounge Collection®. More lounge options than any other credit card on the market as of 8/2020.
- $595 Annual Fee ($695 if application is received on or after 01/13/2022).
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
- Bonus Valuation*: $2,640
- Earn 5x Membership Rewards points per $1 on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Earn 1.5x Membership Rewards points per $1 on eligible purchases in key business categories, as well as on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else (up to $2 million in purchases per calendar year
- Up to $200 annual airline fee credit
- Up to $400 annual Dell credit
- 35% airline bonus when using Pay With Points
- Access to American Express transfer partners
- Access to Amex Centurion lounges, Priority Pass lounges, Plaza Premium lounges, Airspace lounges, Escape lounges, and Delta Sky Clubs
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold and Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- Global Entry/TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- Access to Amex International Airline Program and American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts Program
- Purchase and extended warranty protection
- Trip delay/cancellation insurance
- Baggage insurance
- Rental car elite status with Avis, Hertz, and National
*This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP and not the card issuer.
- Annual fee of $595 ($695 if application is received on or after 01/13/2022) (see rates and fees)
- Airline fee credit does not cover airfare, only incidentals like checked bags
Current Welcome Bonus
- New Welcome Offer: Earn 85,000 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
Don’t Get If
- You don’t think the benefits are worth the annual fee
- You don’t travel much
Great Card If
- You’re a business owner who travels often enough to take advantage of the cards many travel benefits
- You want a card that earns transferable rewards
- You want a card with luxury perks like hotel elite status and airport lounge access