Premium credit cards are what American Express does best. Originally a mail business in the mid-nineteenth century, American Express has since evolved into one of the powerhouse brands for credit card rewards.
Whether it’s due to its rewards program, American Express Membership Rewards, or the remarkable perks you get from its cards, American Express has cemented itself as one of the top credit card leaders globally.
The Platinum Card® from American Express has been a household name and customer favorite for decades; in fact, the Amex Platinum card is likely Amex’s most famous card. What some people don’t know is that American Express offers a business version of this card — The Business Platinum Card® from American Express — that offers some of the same perks and a few unique benefits, as well.
Here’s a comparison of these 2 juggernauts in the premium card realm. You’ll find in-depth information about the aspects that make each card unique to help you decide between the cards.
Amex Business Platinum Card vs. Amex Platinum Card — Overview
First, let’s take a look at a side-by-side comparison of the overall value of each card’s benefits.
Just be aware that the Amex Platinum card is a consumer card while the Amex Business Platinum card is a business card. As such, the Amex Platinum card simply requires an application, while you’ll need a business to open the Amex Business Platinum card. We’ll discuss this more in detail later.
||The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
||The Platinum Card® from American Express
||Earn 120,000 points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
||Earn 80,000 points after spending $6,000 on purchases in the first 6 months.
- 5x points on flights and prepaid hotels on Amex Travel
- 1.5x points on eligible purchases in key business categories, as well as on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else (up to $2 million in purchases per calendar year)
- 5x points on flights and prepaid hotels purchased directly with the airlines or on Amex Travel (up to $500,000 per year)
- 1x points on all other purchases
- Transfer points to airline or hotel partners
- Flight upgrades with selected airline
- Redeem for travel on Amex Travel, statement credits, gift cards, merchandise, Amazon, Ticketmaster, or donate points
Travel Benefits and Protections
- Access to Fine Hotels & Resorts and The Hotel Collection
- Worldwide access to over 1,400 airport lounges
- Gold elite status with Marriott Bonvoy and Hilton Honors (upon enrollment)
- Car rental program perks and benefits
- Up to $200 in statement credits each year for airline incidentals
- CLEAR membership reimbursement, up to $189
- Global Entry/TSA PreCheck fee reimbursement, up to $100
- Secondary car rental insurance with the option to purchase Premium Protection for a flat fee that covers the entire rental period
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance
- Trip delay insurance, up to $500 per trip for covered delays 6 hours or more
- Baggage insurance, up to $3,000 per person, per covered trip
- Emergency evacuation
- American Express Platinum Card Concierge
- Premium Global Assist
- Cruise privileges
- 35% Pay with Points rebate (up to 1 million points back per calendar year)
- FX International Payments fee waiver
- Up to $200 prepaid hotel credit on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum 2-night stay, through Amex Travel when you pay with your card
- Up to $200 in Uber Cash each year
|Shopping Benefits and Protections
|Amex Offers, extended warranty, purchase protection (up to $10,000 per item), Amex Auto Purchasing Program, ShopRunner membership, cell phone protection
- Up to $400 Dell credits
- Up to $360 in Indeed credits
- Up to $120 in wireless credits
- Up to $150 in Adobe credits
- Up to $240 digital entertainment credit
- Up to $300 in Equinox credits
- Up to $100 each year in statement credits for Saks Fifth Avenue purchases
- Up to $12.95 per month in statement credits for Walmart+ membership
||$695 (rates and fees)
||$695 (rates and fees)
The welcome offer is just a single piece of the equation, albeit a large one. The welcome offer will inevitably contribute to a card’s long-term value, but it’s also crucial to pick the card that will best fit your needs beyond the first year.
Since both the Amex Platinum card and the Amex Business Platinum card earn the same type of points, the value of the welcome offer will depend on the number of points that you get from the welcome offer. Our valuation of Amex Membership Rewards points is 2.2 cents each, so you can use that to assist you in calculating the value of a welcome offer.
Amex Platinum Card
Hot Tip: Check to see if you’re eligible for a welcome offer of up to 150,000 points with the Amex Platinum card! (The current public offer is 80,000.)
Amex Business Platinum Card
Hot Tip: Check to see if you’re eligible for a huge welcome offer of up to 150,000 points with the Amex Business Platinum! (The current public offer is 120,000.)
Benefits These 2 Cards Have in Common
Both of these cards are tremendously valuable. There are several benefits that both cards offer.
$200 Airline Fee Credit
Both cards offer an airline fee credit of up to $200 each calendar year that can be used for incidental fees such as checked bags and inflight purchases.
Remember that per Amex’s terms and conditions, “airline tickets, mileage points purchases or mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, upgrades, duty-free purchases, or award tickets” are not considered incidental fees.
This fee credit requires enrollment, and you must select your airline before usage. Furthermore, you can only change your airline choice once per year in January.
Airport Lounge Access
Perhaps the single most valuable benefit of these 2 cards is the airport lounge access. If you hold either of the cards, you can access over 1,400 lounges:
The Amex Platinum card and the Amex Business Platinum card arguably have the best lounge access of any credit card. With access to the Centurion Lounge, you can expect to enjoy a hot food buffet, shower suites, premium alcohol, and utmost luxury that rivals most business class lounges in the world.
TSA PreCheck or Global Entry Application Fee Credit
When you hold either the Amex Platinum card or the Amex Business Platinum card, you will receive a statement credit for the application fee of either:
It is recommended that you apply for Global Entry, as this includes TSA PreCheck. Global Entry allows you to clear immigration upon arrival in the U.S. much quicker than usual. You won’t need to wait in processing lines and fill out mountains of paperwork every time you return to the U.S.
Hot Tip: For more options, check out our detailed post about the best credit cards for complimentary TSA PreCheck and Global Entry.
Annual CLEAR Credit
Those who hold either the Amex Platinum card or the Amex Business Platinum card can receive an annual credit of up to $189 toward a CLEAR membership.
Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
With both the Amex Platinum card and the Amex Business Platinum card, you will enjoy elevated elite status without meeting any stay requirements. Specifically, you’ll receive Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
Among other perks, you’ll receive the following at Marriott properties:
- All Silver benefits
- Dedicated elite reservation line
- Ultimate reservation guarantee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Exclusive member rates
- 25% bonus points on stays
- Enhanced room upgrades
- Priority 2 p.m. late checkout
- Complimentary enhanced in-room internet access
Hot Tip: Sound interesting? Explore more information about the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program.
Hilton Honors Gold Status
Hilton Honors Gold status is arguably the best mid-tier status in hotel loyalty. The Amex Platinum card and Amex Business Platinum card both provide complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status just by holding the card.
Here’s what to expect from Hilton Honors Gold status:
- All Silver benefits
- Guaranteed member discounts
- No resort fees on reward stays
- Digital key/check-in and choose your room
- Standard in-room and lobby Wi-Fi
- Second guest stays free
- Late checkout
- Free transfer of points and points pooling
- Fifth standard reward night free
- 2 bottles of water
- Elite tier rollover nights
- Space-available room upgrades
- Complimentary breakfast at all hotels
- Unlimited milestone bonuses
- 80% bonus points towards a free night
Access to the Fine Hotels & Resorts Program
American Express has partnerships with various hotels, and many of these hotels collectively comprise the Fine Hotels & Resorts program, which is unique to Amex.
The reason why this is a huge benefit for Amex Platinum card or Amex Business Platinum cardholders is that you’ll receive complimentary benefits when booking through Fine Hotels & Resorts, such as:
- Room upgrade upon arrival (subject to availability)
- Daily breakfast for 2
- Guaranteed 4 p.m. late checkout
- Noon check-in (subject to availability)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Unique property amenity valued at $100 (i.e. food and beverage credit, one-way private sedan transfer, or spa credit)
Often, the Fine Hotels & Resorts rate is just as competitive as the cheapest publicly available rate, so you might be able to enjoy all of these benefits at an amazing price. With this awesome benefit, you’ll find yourself traveling luxuriously in no time just by holding the Amex Platinum card or Amex Business Platinum card.
Access to The Hotel Collection
American Express has yet another group of partner hotels that are a tier below the Fine Hotels & Resorts known as The Hotel Collection.
With stays booked within The Hotel Collection of at least 2 nights, you will receive benefits like:
- A space-available room upgrade at check-in
- $75 credit for qualifying dining, spa, and resort activities
In addition to the Amex Platinum card and the Amex Business Platinum card, you can unlock The Hotel Collection by holding the American Express® Gold Card, American Express® Business Gold Card, or Centurion® Card from American Express.
Remember that you must pay for your reservations with your American Express card, and the cardholder must be traveling on the booked itinerary to receive benefits.
Hot Tip: For more information, check out our in-depth guide on comparing the American Express Hotel Collection and Fine Hotels & Resorts.
Car Rental Elite Status
In addition to hotel elite status, having either the Amex Platinum card or Amex Business Platinum card will give you complimentary elite status and benefits as follows:
- Avis Preferred
- Special codes that upgrade or discount rentals
- Skip the line, which allows you to go straight to your car
- Bonus Avis Preferred points with each rental
- Hertz Gold Plus
- Special discounted rates at select locations
- 4-hour grace period on U.S. rentals before an extra day is charged
- 10% bonus on Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
- A complimentary 1-car class upgrade
- National Emerald Club Executive Status
- Bypass the counter
- Guaranteed upgrades
- No second-driver fee
- Reward choices and 1 free rental day after 7 rental credits
- Choose full-size cars from the Executive area at the mid-sized reserved rate
Cardholders of either card receive cruise benefits if they book trips of at least 5 nights via Amex Travel or an eligible provider and pay with their card.
You can receive a $100 to $300 credit as follows:
- $300 credit for all staterooms on AmaWaterways, Azamara, Crystal, Oceania, Regent, Seabourn, Silversea, Uniworld, and Windstar
- $300 credit for all Queen Victoria/Queen Elizabeth oceanview staterooms category FA or higher and all Queen Mary oceanview staterooms category EF or higher on Cunard
- $100 credit for inside/outside staterooms, $200 credit for balcony, verandah, and mini-suite staterooms, and $300 credit for suites on Celebrity Cruises, Holland America, Norwegian Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, and Royal Caribbean International
These credits mandate double occupancy and may not be available to cardholders from outside the U.S.
Hot Tip: You’ll also earn 2x points on cruises booked at Amex Travel. You can only earn 2 points per dollar if the entire cruise is paid for through Amex Travel.
There are a variety of travel benefits that come complimentary with both cards:
- Secondary rental car coverage can cover fees and charges that primary rental car coverage doesn’t
- Ability to purchase primary rental car coverage to cover damages due to theft, collision, and more
- Baggage insurance will reimburse you for lost luggage in transit, subject to exclusions and rules
- Premium Global Assist provides you with travel logistics support, such as lost passport replacement assistance, translation services, missing luggage assistance, emergency legal and medical referrals, and more
- Purchase protection protects against damaged or stolen purchases for 90 days
- Extended warranty prolongs the normal warranty in addition to the standard warranty on new items by 1 year
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance provide you with reimbursement of non-refundable travel expenses of up to $10,000 per trip with a maximum of $20,000 per eligible account for each consecutive 12-month period; you must book a round-trip flight entirely with your card and the flight should be canceled for a “covered reason,” including sudden illness/injury to you or an eligible traveler, call to jury, terrorist action, or inclement weather
- Trip delay insurance provides you with reimbursement of unexpected expenses such as meals, lodging, and personal-use items up to $500 per trip if your trip is delayed by more than 6 hours due to a covered reason; this insurance also covers you if you purchase round-trip flights entirely with your card, pay for award ticket taxes and fees, or use Pay With Points for your ticket
Platinum Card Concierge
Amex’s Platinum Card Concierge is a hugely valuable perk. From sold-out concert tickets to Michelin-starred dining, you’ll want to have the Platinum Card Concierge on your side to make reservations and bookings.
For example, visiting Japan is a must. But sampling Michelin-starred food in Japan can be difficult. With many restaurants not taking reservations directly from travelers, you can dispatch the Platinum Card Concierge to help.
These professionals are located all around the world and can handle the toughest requests out there. Remember, however, that these aren’t guaranteed, but the success rate is phenomenal.
Also, if you are in the market for holding work/corporate events, you can leverage the expertise of the Platinum Card Concierge to coordinate your team bonding activities.
No Foreign Transaction Fees
You will not be charged any foreign transaction fees for international purchases. For the Amex Platinum card, see rates and fees; for the Amex Business Platinum card, see rates and fees.
Where These 2 Cards Differ
Bonus Spending Categories
When spending with the Amex Platinum card and Amex Business Platinum card, you’ll find that the earning power of the 2 cards is slightly different:
- Amex Platinum card: 5x points per dollar spent on flights booked directly through the airline and Amex Travel, up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year
- Amex Business Platinum card: 5x per dollar spent on flights and prepaid hotels through Amex Travel
However, the Amex Business Platinum card earns 1.5x on eligible purchases in key business categories and on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else (up to $2 million in purchases per calendar year).
These key business categories include eligible purchases at:
- U.S. construction material and hardware suppliers
- U.S. electronic goods retailers
- U.S. software and cloud system providers
- U.S. shipping providers
Bottom Line: The Amex Platinum card earns points more flexibly than the Amex Business Platinum card due to the addition of 5x points per dollar spent on flights booked directly through airlines.
There are tons of great ways to redeem Membership Rewards points utilizing one of American Express’ transfer partners to ensure great value for your redemption. The numerous airline and hotel partners make redeeming Amex Membership Rewards points easy. Plus, they offer attractive transfer ratios from time to time and other ways to spend your points.
Furthermore, if you hold the Amex Business Platinum card, you can get a 35% rebate when using Membership Rewards to pay with points on Amex Travel, up to 1,000,000 points back per calendar year. To get to the full yearly points rebate, you must redeem at least 2,857,143 points. This includes first and business class tickets with all airlines available through Amex Travel.
The other redemption options include statement credits, gift cards, Amazon, Uber, Ticketmaster, and shopping partners. Unfortunately, the value of these points is limited, typically less than 1 cent per point.
Bottom Line: Although there’s no shortage of ways to use your Amex points, redeeming Amex Membership Rewards points by transferring them to travel partners for international first or business class flights will almost always yield the biggest return.
Adding Additional Users
With the Amex Platinum card, you can add up to 3 authorized users for a total of $175, which is equal to ~$58 per person (see rates and fees).
The Amex Business Platinum card charges $350 per authorized user (see rates and fees), nearly 6 times the cost of the Amex Platinum card.
Authorized users will get the lounge access perks, but do not get any additional statement credits, except for the Global Entry/TSA PreCheck credit.
Bottom Line: All in all, the Amex Platinum card offers a more affordable way to add additional cardholders as compared to the Amex Business Platinum card.
FX International Payments Fee Waiver
If approved by American Express, certain businesses are eligible to receive transaction fee waivers for payments using foreign currency wire transfers. These businesses must have an Amex Business Platinum card, and there may be minimum transaction sizes for certain currencies.
Statement and Shopping Credits
One of the best ways to offset a hefty annual fee, like those on the Amex Platinum or the Amex Business Platinum card, is to take advantage of various statement credits over the course of a calendar year. Depending on which card you get, you’ll receive different options for statement credits.
Amex Platinum Card
Up to $100 Yearly Saks Fifth Avenue Credit
With the Amex Platinum card, you receive up to $100 in Saks Fifth Avenue credit for in-store or online purchases.
Specifically, you will get up to $50 in statement credits in the first half of the year (January through June) and up to $50 in statement credits in the second half of the year (July through December).
You’ll need to enroll, but enrollment is easy, and no minimum purchase is required. You will not earn any additional statement credits for additional cardholders.
Up to $200 Yearly Uber Cash
Another benefit of the Amex Platinum card is the yearly $200 in Uber Cash. Every month from January to November, you’ll receive $15 in Uber Cash for U.S. rides plus a bonus of $20 ($35 total) in December for a total of up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
One of the best ways to use Uber Cash is on Uber Eats, so be sure to take advantage of that, too. That’s essentially a free meal every month and 2 meals in December.
Up to $300 Annual Equinox Credit
Amex Platinum cardholders will receive a $25 monthly credit for an Equinox membership.
Up to $240 Digital Entertainment Credit
Amex Platinum cardholders can enjoy up to $20 statement credit each month towards select streaming services. Note, like other benefits, enrollment is required for this benefit.
Up to $200 Prepaid Hotel Credit
Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum 2-night stay, through Amex Travel when you pay with your card.
Up to $155 Annual Walmart+ Credit
A Walmart+ membership includes benefits such as free shipping and discounted gas prices. Those who’ve got the Amex Platinum card will get a $12.95 monthly credit towards the membership.
Even better, Walmart+ now includes a free subscription to Paramount+ Essential at no extra cost, so this Amex Platinum card perk is even more valuable than before.
Amex Business Platinum Card
Up to $400 Yearly Dell Credit
Amex Business Platinum cardholders receive up to $400 in statement credits annually by getting up to $200 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply and enrollment is required.
Similar to the Saks Fifth Avenue credit, this is an enrollment-required credit split into 2 equal, biannual credits. Purchases must be made “directly with Dell or at dell.com in the U.S. and U.S. territories” to qualify for the credit. Furthermore, items must be shipped to the U.S. to qualify.
You will get up to $200 in statement credits for purchases made in January through June and another $200 in statement credits for purchases made in July through December, for a total savings of up to $400.
The official terms and conditions state that statement credits take 2 to 4 weeks to post.
Up to $150 Adobe Credit
Amex Business Platinum cardholders will receive a $150 yearly credit for annual prepaid subscription plans for eligible Creative Cloud for teams and Acrobat Pro DC with e-sign for teams.
Up to $360 Indeed Credit
There’s also a $360 Indeed credit, in the form of up to $90 back per quarter), if you have the Amex Business Platinum card. You can use this to grow your team and business.
Up to $120 Wireless Credit
You can get up to $10 back every month in the form of a wireless telephone service credit, so go ahead and put your phone bills on your Amex Business Platinum card.
Reasons You Need a Business Card
Running a business, no matter the size, requires greater organization of finances as compared to your personal finances. From legal documentation to managing your business spending, business cards will inevitably make their way into your wallet.
A business credit card often provides excellent ways to earn rewards. The major banks have become keen on the fact that offering rewards to business owners is just as lucrative, if not more so, than to consumers.
After all, business owners spend money on things like office supplies, payroll, commercial rent, and even business meals. It only makes sense that the average monthly payment for business owners is $2,032, whereas consumers spend a mere $954.¹
Here are some excellent reasons to consider opening a business card:
- Higher Limits: Banks understand that the cost of doing business is typically higher than ordinary consumer spending, so banks grant larger credit limits as compared to consumer cards.
- Excellent Rewards: Banks have caught onto the fact that business credit cards are incredibly profitable. In a fierce battle to vie for market share, banks such as American Express have upped the rewards structures to incentivize new applicants.
- Separate Spending: Anyone who runs a business knows how much of a headache keeping expenses separate is. Business cards provide a convenient way to track and manage your business spending without intertwining your personal and business expenses.
- Build Your Business Credit: Business credit belongs in a different realm, separate from Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. Getting a business credit card will help establish your business credit report, which is instead most closely associated with Dun & Bradstreet.
- Unique Business Benefits: Some cards offer business management tools, co-working memberships, statement credits, and more.
Bottom Line: Business cards are excellent because they provide a unique entourage of benefits to business owners small and large.
Who Qualifies for a Business Card?
Many believe that getting a business card is reserved for those with massive corporations, complex legal structures, and tons of monthly business spending. It’s not.
You don’t need any of these things to qualify for a business credit card. In fact, a small side hustle like yard sales or part-time tutoring would work perfectly. You don’t need a corporation or an LLC, but it may help your approval odds.
Banks love helping small business owners grow, so don’t be afraid to apply for a business card. Depending on the industry you’re in, the U.S. Small Business Administration may require special licensing or permits.
In all, there is a lot to love about the Amex Platinum card and Amex Business Platinum card. Each of the cards possesses unique benefits, and both of the cards also share lots of perks. If you are looking for a personal or business card that offers a laundry list of useful, value-adding perks, look no further than these 2 cards.
The information presented regarding the Centurion® Card from American Express was independently collected by Upgraded Points and was not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
For the secondary rental car coverage benefit of The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance can provide coverage up to $75,000 for theft of or damage to most rental vehicles when you use your eligible Card to reserve and pay for the entire eligible vehicle rental and decline the collision damage waiver or similar option offered by the Commercial Car Rental Company. This product provides secondary coverage and does not include liability coverage. Not all vehicle types or rentals are covered. Geographic restrictions apply. Eligibility and Benefit level varies by Card. Terms, Conditions and Limitations Apply.Please visit americanexpress.com/benefitsguide for more details. Underwritten by AMEX Assurance Company. Car Rental Loss or Damage Coverage is offered through American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc.
For the baggage insurance benefit of The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, Baggage Insurance Plan coverage can be in effect for Covered Persons for eligible lost, damaged, or stolen Baggage during their travel on a Common Carrier Vehicle (e.g. plane, train, ship, or bus) when the Entire Fare for a ticket for the trip (one-way or round-trip) is charged to an Eligible Card. Coverage can be provided for up to $2,000 for checked Baggage and up to a combined maximum of $3,000 for checked and carry-on Baggage, in excess of coverage provided by the Common Carrier. The coverage is also subject to a $3,000 aggregate limit per Covered Trip. For New York State residents, there is a $2,000 per bag/suitcase limit for each Covered Person with a $10,000 aggregate maximum for all Covered Persons per Covered Trip. Eligibility and Benefit level varies by Card. Terms, Conditions and Limitations Apply.Please visit americanexpress.com/benefitsguide for more details. Underwritten by AMEX Assurance Company.
For the premium global assist benefit of The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, you can rely on Global Assist Hotline 24 hours a day / 7 days a week for medical, legal, financial or other select emergency coordination and assistance services while traveling more than 100 miles away from your home. Plus, we may provide emergency medical transportation assistance and related services. Third-party service costs may be your responsibility. Eligibility and Benefit level varies by Card. Terms, Conditions and Limitations Apply.Please visit americanexpress.com/benefitsguide for more details. If approved and coordinated by Premium Global Assist Hotline, emergency medical transportation assistance may be provided at no cost. In any other circumstance, Card Members may be responsible for the costs charged by third-party service providers.
For the purchase protection benefit of The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, Purchase Protection is an embedded benefit of your Card Membership and requires no enrollment. It can help protect Covered Purchases made on your Eligible Card when they’re accidentally damaged, stolen, or lost, for up to 90 days from the Covered Purchase date. The coverage is limited up to $10,000 per occurrence, up to $50,000 per Card Member account per calendar year. Coverage Limits Apply. Eligibility and Benefit level varies by Card. Terms, Conditions and Limitations Apply. Please visit americanexpress.com/benefitsguide for more details. Underwritten by AMEX Assurance Company.
For the extended warranty benefit of The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, when an American Express® Card Member charges a Covered Purchase to an Eligible Card, Extended Warranty§ can provide up to one extra year added to the Original Manufacturer’s Warranty. Applies to warranties of five (5) years or less. Coverage is up to the actual amount charged to your Card for the item up to a maximum of $10,000; not to exceed $50,000 per Card Member account per calendar year. Eligibility and Benefit level varies by Card. Terms, Conditions and Limitations Apply. Please visit americanexpress.com/benefitsguide for more details. Underwritten by AMEX Assurance Company.
For the trip cancellation and interruption insurance benefit of The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, the maximum benefit amount for Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance is $10,000 per Covered Trip and $20,000 per Eligible Card per 12 consecutive month period. Eligibility and Benefit level varies by Card. Terms, Conditions and Limitations Apply.Please visit americanexpress.com/benefitsguide for more details. Underwritten by New Hampshire Insurance Company, an AIG Company.
For the trip delay insurance benefit of The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, up to $500 per Covered Trip that is delayed for more than 6 hours; and 2 claims per Eligible Card per 12 consecutive month period. Eligibility and Benefit level varies by Card. Terms, Conditions and Limitations Apply. Please visit americanexpress.com/benefitsguide for more details.Underwritten by New Hampshire Insurance Company, an AIG Company.
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, click here.
For rates and fees of The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, click here.